Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grrrrrrrr...

If you've been playing along at home, you know that I work full time and go to college full time. I am out of the house from 10 am until 6pm Tuesday through Saturday, and then I spend every other waking moment doing class work or homework - I go to school online because I do not have time to physically "go". Internet college is awesome because you get to study in your pajamas (while drinking wine), but it sucks because they pile on twice as much work.

Before I started college, I cleared it with my fiance. I wanted to make sure that I would have his help around the house and with the kids so that I can devote my time to completing my Bachelors and eventually move on to my Masters. He was super supportive, so I went for it.


BIG. FUCKING. MISTAKE.

My house looks like a hellhole. Laundry that I washed weeks ago is in a heap (I folded it, asked him to put it away, and it has been sitting there for going on three months now. I refuse to touch it out of principle.) The dog doesn't get taken out. The kids eat garbage all day. NOTHING GETS DONE. NOTHING.

I asked him to go grocery shopping *last week*. It's now an hour til Friday and half the list still needs to be purchased.

Did I mention he got laid off and is HOME ALL FUCKING DAY?

I understand that he is home with two children, but it isn't hard to sit them at the table with some crayons and do *anything*. WASH A DISH. PICK UP LAUNDRY.

I can't take it anymore.


He plays video games 24/7 while everything goes to hell. It's totally not fair to expect me to come home, cook and clean, study til 2am and then do it again the next day.

Why are men so goddamn useless?

1 comment:

  1. I also work full time, take online college classes part time, and have three great kids. I can sooooo relate to your current situation! It is almost like men cannot see the dirty laundry, dishes, over flowing trash, etc.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete