Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fun stuff for OCD

I obsess about everything, so naturally when I found out I was pregnant/had children, it gave me a whole new list of stuff to freak myself out about: breast or bottle, vaccinations, schooling..and clothes. LOTS AND LOTS OF BABY CLOTHES. I was super excited to have girls because now I have my very own living dollies I can stuff into princess dresses! The coolest thing I found? Cloth diapers! I loved having diapers that matched my kids' outfits (because yes, I am that crazy). Another plus was that both my children had super sensitive skin, and regular diapers made it look like somebody had been putting cigarettes out on them. A win/win, if you ask me. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

I wanted to show you guys some cool stuff today: longies and shorties. These are wool pants that you put over a fitted cloth diaper so...well...pee doesn't go everywhere. Most of my oldest daughter's longies (long wool pants) came from Mizzy. Check her out, she does beautiful work!

http://www.hyenacart.com/mizknits

Her stuff even looks good in my patented shitty cell pictures

Photobucket
Baby K inspecting her shorts. She approved.

Photobucket
Snoozing in cargos WITH SHEEP POCKETS! These were my favorites of all time.

My friend Aimee also makes really badass yarn:

http://www.hyenacart.com/BigBadVoodooMama/ be careful, hyenacart is like crack. Only Esty has been worse.

A lot of knitters will do customs if you send them your yarn, or you can knit them yourself from a pattern. I suck at knitting and after attempting to learn a few times, getting aggravated and throwing a fit, I said "fuck this" and just bought yarn and sent it out or bought ready made products.

I am pretty bummed out that I don't have any more babies because I miss shopping for new diaper stuff.

Cloth diapering was like an illness, but such a fun illness. Joining different cloth diaper forums also allowed me the chance to make a ton of new friends and interact with other moms since being a stay at home mother was pretty lonely. It was overall a very positive experience and I'd do it again in a second.

I mean seriously, how cute is this butt?
Photobucket

It made changing diapers slightly less craptastic.

1 comment:

  1. Evan had the same bouncer and the same kitty shirt. (We thought he was a girl..)

    ReplyDelete